South West Airlines Careers | New Job Vacancy Openings and Employment 2020: Apply for Southwest Flight Attendants, Entry Level and Train Jobs Hiring. Southwest Airlines is all about moving people from one part of the world to another and Southwest Airlines Careers is all standing today because of its inventive employees and customers. According to the U.S. Department of Transportation’s most recent data, Southwest Airlines Careers is the nation’s largest carrier on the basis of originating domestic passengers boarded.
The majority of the fleet is equipped with satellite-based Wifi providing gate-to-gate connectivity while over the United States. Southwest Airlines never takes fees for bags and it is the only major U.S. airline to do that. Southwest Airlines Careers believes in bringing changes in people’s lives. That’s what South West is all about!
Apply Also: American Airlines Jobs Recruitment
Southwest Airlines Company Overview
|Company Name||South West Airlines|
|Job Location||Worldwide Job Vacancy Openings|
|Nationality||All Nationality Can Apply|
|Experience||Specified Below [Experience an Asset]|
|Salary Range||Depending upon job title|
Southwest Airlines Company is the largest domestic airline company that has the highest number of domestic originating passengers onboarded. It has amazed many other airlines with its record-breaking achievements which include 41 consecutive years of profitable operations-$754million in 2013-which it achieved in an industry that had many major airlines going through bankruptcy during the same period. Among many, it is the only U.S. airline with an investment-grade rating.
Latest Southwest Airlines Jobs 2020 | Submit Online Application
Currently, there are no vacancy openings for staff recruitment. We will update the new careers announcement as soon as they are available for hiring. Keep visiting. You can view and apply for the latest Southwest Airlines careers by clicking here.
Apply Also: Vistara Airways Staff Hiring
How to Get Jobs with Southwest Airlines?
Being one of the largest companies in U.S., it is obviously a bit hard to get a job here at Southwest Airlines Careers but if you are looking for a job, you can just visit our website where you can see following kind of jobs:
Aircraft Maintenance and Engineering
You can just visualize yourself and choose where to work. If you are interested in aircraft maintenance and engineering, you can find the best team to work with a fun and friendly environment. You are guided by the Technical Operations Department. Maintenance-related jobs include the following fields:
- A&P Mechanics
- Appearance Technicians
- Material Specialists
- Other Maintenance & Engineering opportunities
Dedicated folks handling airport operations are the first faces passengers see and this job needs special type of people who can handle fast-paced environments. This is the front line of Southwest Airlines Careers. Operations include the following fields:
- Ramp Agents
- Operations Agents
- Customer Service Agents
- Cargo Agents
- Provisioning Agents
- Emerging Leader Development Program
- Campus Reach
Campus Reach program finds out and involves young Southwest employees who seem interested in Southwest Airlines Careers inspiring them in a career in aeronautics. The Campus Reach program includes aviation days, internship programs, direct hiring chances for new graduates, and much more.
Apply Also: Singapore Airlines Job Vacancies
Flight Attendant and Cabin Crew Jobs at Southwest Airlines
If you are seeking for your career as a flight attendant in Southwest Airlines Careers, spread our prominent customer service to our customers while offering beverages, talking with extreme politeness, constantly smiling, doing unique and catchy announcements and preparing cabin onboard the aircraft.
Common duties and responsibilities include a demonstration of safety measures, helping with luggage while boarding and departing the plane. This can be the most wanted characteristic for applying as a flight attendant in Southwest Airlines Careers and as a cabin crew, you should possess the ability to co-operate with all talented and skilled members of the airline.
How much do they get paid?
You are provided with an extensive training process before accepting full-time employment. After you start your position, the flight attendant will gain an attractive salary package. Hourly wages amount to $34.00. Cabin crew jobs also provide a handsome salary.
Southwest Airlines Recruitment Process
Southwest Airlines Careers receives applications every second but it has been very selective since the last few years. Recently, it has reviewed 287,422 resumes, chosen 102,112 candidates to interview, and hired only 6,582 people which less than 2% of all applicants. It does so because it views on the basis of a two-way street. It hires employees and it equally works to provide them with advanced opportunities, facilities, and a handsome salary.
It hires people who are organization-oriented and value the organization’s rules and dignity. It conducts various interviews. The interviews consist of behavioral questions. For example, to check the ability of teamwork, it asks candidates to describe the time when he/she worked really hard with his/her co-worker in touch times.
Apply Also: Delta Airlines Careers
Southwest Airlines Average Salary
Southwest Airlines has a number of employees and of course, it pays them well. It pays its employees an average of $74,068 a year but it also depends upon positions of employees. Salaries at Southwest Airlines range from an average of $43,210 to $127,622 a year. Employees in Southwest Airlines with positions of Airline Pilot, Copilot, or Flight Engineer make the more with an average salary of $114,211 while employees with positions of Flight Attendant make the least with an average salary of $41,992.
Southwest Airlines Employees Benefits
Apart from a paycheck, a career at Southwest Airlines Careers comes with several work perks. Let it be from Southwest’s legendary culture to different travel privileges, employees here are benefitted in different ways. You can have the following benefits:
Employees choose from medical coverage options which include PPOs to a high deductible health plan. Southwest Airlines Careers provide some amount for their employee for health check-ups and many more. All employees get basic life insurance facility at no price up to $50,000 for their spouse and their children.
Employees can save for retirement through a 401(k) Plan with pre-tax or Roth after-tax contributions. Southwest will check for employees’ contributions dollar-for-dollar up to 9.3 percent of their earnings and employees select from a wide range of investment options and roll over any eligible funds.
Apply Also: Qatar Airways Careers
Further, employees can have profit sharing benefits.
- Community outreach
- Volunteering: Employees in Southwest are advised to volunteer for certain reasons through its tickets for the time program. Also, employees are offered several opportunities to volunteer throughout the year so that you can make changes in the Southwest family.
- Local giving: Determining different passions of people in a community, Community Giving Boards give back to charities in neighborhoods.
- National giving: Southwest Airlines Careers also think for the nation and it takes the pride of utilizing its money, time, and resources into organizations and communities by encouraging its employees for assistance to the nation.
- Wellness rewards: Wellness programs are for employees on and off the job. If employees are more engaged in their health and well-being by taking specific steps, then they can earn nearly $500. This can be a great reward for them.
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP): Amidst the hustling and bustling in their jobs, employees get free counseling classes or life balance tools to get refreshed.
- Time off: During time off, employees utilize their time with their loved ones and to do some wonders for themselves. The duration of time-off depends upon their team and their years of service.
- Training and development
- Southwest Airlines University (SWA U): Southwest Airlines University provides different personal and professional training programs and various such opportunities in classroom or online formats
- Days in the field: During days in the field, employees spend their time in the field of interest and decide for themselves about in which direction they would steer their way in a career at Southwest.
- Leadership development: Emerging Leadership Program offers intensive leadership programs to prepare leaders for upcoming challenges in Southwest Airlines. The leadership development program is for all leaders at all levels.
With all benefits, salary paid and other rewards, Southwest Airlines is obviously one of the best airlines and career centre where many individuals apply every year. Pursue your dreams with the achievement of skills.
Apply Also: Air Canada Job Vacancy and Staff Hiring