American Airlines Careers 2020 | Job Vacancy Openings: America is a North American country bordered by Canada and Mexico. It is the 3rd largest country in terms of area as well as population. It is one of the most populated nations. There are people from different nations in the world making the USA so populated with around 331 million people.
America is one of the top destinations in terms of study as well as employment opportunities. Along with IT, airlines careers are also highly reputed and highly paid jobs in the USA. Before moving to American Airlines Careers, we need to know about American Airlines and why to pursue American Airlines careers.
American Airlines is one of the major American Airlines situated in Texas. It operates almost 6800 flights per day both domestically and internationally. The airlines fly to 95 destinations domestically and 95 destinations internationally.
Apply Also: Singapore Airlines Careers and Job Vacancies
Why American Airlines Careers?
American Airlines Careers is one of the highly reputed and wanted jobs in the world. These reasons make it even more special:
- Insurances: American Airlines provides life insurance meaning that if an employee passes away, the airlines will provide funds to the family. They also provide various medical insurance as dental and vision insurances.
- Free air travel and travel discounts: American Airlines provides free air travel to the employees and the family. The people who choose American Airlines careers are also provided discounts on hotels, rental cars, and various others as such when they travel.
- Financial support: American Airlines also help the employees by offering Health Spending Account, Flexible Spending Account, and also helps the employees with a student loan, house loans, and others.
- Health-related issues: American Airlines does the wellness program where it promotes the wellness of the employees and their family members. There is also a 24- hour nurse hotline to support employees at any time of day.
- Adoption assistance and parental leave: The company provides 10 weeks of maternity leave and also provides up to 40,000$ of adoption expenses.
- After-retirement services: The people who choose American Airlines careers will have a lot of after-retirement services as well. The company will provide 401(k) retirement plans to the employee. The airline also provides its employees with nursing health after retirement as well.
Due to all these benefits, people choose American Airlines Careers and there are lots of people who want to do the same regarding the career.
American Airlines Company Overview
American Airlines Group is the parent company of American Airlines. The regional partner of the company is American Eagle and the total flights offered by the company are 6700 flights with more than 350 destinations in 55 countries. The company is also the founder of the Oneworld alliance, the third largest alliance in the world.
The company has envoy air, Piedmont, PSA airlines as the regional airlines. It is the largest airline in terms of fleet size and scheduled passengers carried. American Airlines handles more than 200 million passengers annually. The American Airlines passenger is one of the largest scheduled passenger airlines in the world.
It also provides scheduled jet service to more than 160 destinations. It also provides a full range of mail services to shippers. It can also transport shipments to any part of the world. There are 113,990 employees in airlines.
There are different types of fleets and cabins in the Airlines. Some of them are:
- Flagship first: It is the international First-class product offered only on Airline’s Boeing 770-300ERs.
- Flagship business: It is a premium cabin offered on some Boeing 757-200s and all Airbus A330-200s, Airbus A330-300s, Boeing 767-300ERs, Boeing 777-200ERs, Boeing 777-300ERs, Boeing 787-8s, and Boeing 787-9s.
- Transcontinental: It is a combination of flagship first and flagship business offered on Airbus A321s.
- Domestic first class: It is offered on all domestic mainline aircraft as well as regional aircraft.
- Premium economy: It is a new cabin offered on some widebody aircrafts and some airbuses as well.
- Main cabin extra: It is economy plus product offered on mainline fleet and regional aircrafts.
- Main cabin: It is an economy cabin offered on all airplanes.
The American Airlines also provides various reward programs to the flight attendants as:
- Advantage: This is provided to the most frequent flyers. This allows members to redeem tickets, upgrade service class, obtain hotel stays, merchandise, and various other products and services.
- Admirals Club: Airlines would provide free drinks to celebrities, politicians, VIPs, and other members who stayed loyal to the airlines. It was later switched to a paid membership program.
- Flagship lounge: The Airlines would provide a lounge system to the customers flying in first-class or business class.
Apply Also: Qantas Airways Careers and Staff Recruitment
Opportunities for jobs at American Airlines
- Abundant openings: The airline is located all over the major cities in the USA. Due to that, all the applicants living in the country can access American Airlines hiring.
- Customer Service: The major aim of the airlines is to provide proper customer service. All the staff must show a commitment to the same. So, the candidates who have worked previously in different departments are given priority for the American Airlines hiring.
- Diverse Workforce: Multi-culture is one of the features anyone in the business wants. The same applies to American Airlines where they accept people from different cultures, ethnicity, and so on. They also hire people having different skills and strengths.
- Internship: The American Airlines internship is another way of getting a job at the company based on the performance of the individual.
Latest Job Vacancy Openings: Submit Job Application for American Airlines Careers
American Airlines has announced a large number of job vacancies and appeals to submit an online application to enroll in the recruitment process. There are several job openings available in various departments like Cabin Crew Members, Ground Staffs, Cargo, and Baggage Handling, Airport Service, Customer Service, Flight Attendants, Flight Control Members, and many more. Explore the latest jobs at American Airlines below and proceed to the hiring process:
|Engineer/Senior Engineer, IT Network Infrastructure||American Airlines||United States|
|Senior Access Coordinator/Access Coordinator, Corporate Security||American Airlines||United States|
|Director, Enterprise Cloud Architecture||American Airlines||United States|
|Airframe and Powerplant Mechanic||American Airlines||United States|
|Ground Service Equipment Mechanic||American Airlines||United States|
|Cabin Serviceman||American Airlines||United States|
|Customer Service Representative||American Airlines||United States|
|Fleet Service Clerk||American Airlines||United States|
|Flight Attendant||American Airlines||United States|
|Flight Officer||American Airlines||United States|
|Food Service Employee||American Airlines||United States|
|Baggage Handler, Ground or Station Attendant||American Airlines||United States|
|Mechanics||American Airlines||United States|
|Passenger Service Agent||American Airlines||United States|
|Pilot||American Airlines||United States|
|Programmer Trainees||American Airlines||United States|
|Ramp Service||American Airlines||United States|
|Reservation Sales Representatives||American Airlines||United States|
|Sales Representative||American Airlines||United States|
|Secretarial & General Clerical||American Airlines||United States|
|AP Instructor||American Airlines||United States|
|Flight Operations Analyst||American Airlines||United States|
|Challenger 604 Captain||American Airlines||United States|
|First Officer||American Airlines||United States|
|Aircraft Records Assistant||American Airlines||United States|
|Aircraft Mechanic MIA||American Airlines||United States|
|Aircraft Mechanic Anchorage Station||American Airlines||United States|
|AP Technician||American Airlines||United States|
|Terminal Pipeline Operator||American Airlines||Canada|
|Facilities Operations Specialist||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Assistant Manager||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Cabin Service Agent||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Cabin Services Agent||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Certified Flight Instructor||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Cleaner||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Component Engineer||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Driver Courier||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Evening Ramp Agent||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Flex Security Officer||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Flight Nurse Fresno Ca||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Flight Paramedic Parsons Ks||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Goods Inwards Facilitator||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Ramp Agent||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Security Agent Airport Security||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Security Officer Denver Metro Area||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Security Officer Lakeview||American Airlines||Canada|
|Part Time Security Officer Lakeview Hospital||American Airlines||Australia|
|Part Time Security Officer St Marks||American Airlines||Australia|
|Partner Business Consulting 55638br||American Airlines||Australia|
|Parts Clerk||American Airlines||Australia|
|Parts Issue Supply Clerk||American Airlines||Australia|
|Passenger Service Agent||American Airlines||Australia|
|Patch And Test Technician||American Airlines||Australia|
|Patch Manager||American Airlines||Australia|
|Pathways Software Engineer||American Airlines||Australia|
|Charter Sales Apprentice Paid Intern||American Airlines||Australia|
|Charter Sales Director Outside Sales||American Airlines||Australia|
|Charter Sales Specialist||American Airlines||Australia|
|Field Technician D||American Airlines||Australia|
|Field Technician Engineer||American Airlines||Australia|
|Fighter Aircraft Structural Repair Engineer||American Airlines||Australia|
|Safety And Occupational Health Manager||American Airlines||United Kingdom|
|Safety Health Specialist||American Airlines||United Kingdom|
|Safety Spec Aviation Patrick Afb Wass||American Airlines||United Kingdom|
|Supplier Quality Engineering Manager||American Airlines||United Kingdom|
|Supply Chain Contracts Professional||American Airlines||United Kingdom|
|Supply Chain Contracts Senior Professional||American Airlines||United Kingdom|
How to Apply for American Airlines Careers?
The American Airlines job is one of the most reputed jobs not only in America but throughout the world. The candidates can apply online by submitting an online application through various sources as a company career portal.
The applicant must attach an updated resume and also highlight the previous work done. The applicants need to spend some time at the form filling and some positions may as well require a passport to apply for the same.
The American Airlines internship should also go through the same for applying for a job at American Airlines.
American Airlines Hiring Process
The American Airlines hiring process is almost the same for every category of the job even if it is an engineer or a flight attendant. It hires employees through an established process as:
- Job application Process: This is the first step of hiring anyone in American Airlines. The applicants who want American Airlines careers must submit a job application at first by the company’s website or LinkedIn. The resume should be attached along with the application. It may take a few weeks for the company to receive the application before moving to another process.
- Assessment Test: After the application is received, the company calls the applicant for an assessment test. This involves a personality test as well as works based on the position applied for. The company searches for a peaceful employee and the assessment is done for the same.
- Interview Process: This is the last part of the hiring process and quite different from other companies. During this process, six of them are interviewed simultaneously and given a task to see whether they can work in a group or not. This is a group interview and after passing the group interview, the applicant is called for a final face-off interview where some questions are asked. Some of the questions may be:
- Why do you want to be an American Airlines staff?
- Describe the type of employee that you are.
- Explain how you confronted a difficult situation and overcame it.
- How would you handle a fellow colleague who is your mate ?
- Orientation and Training: After the applicant is selected, the applicant is given orientation and training before they begin their job. The orientation helps them understand their roles and the values of the company.
The American Airlines hiring process takes several weeks. It may take approximate 15 days to call the applicants after the interview. Some applicants may not be hired immediately based on their interview and will be put in the hold for sometimes. The American Airlines internship process is also done the same way.
Apply Also: Qatar Airways Careers
Average Salary at American Airlines
The average salary of the American Airlines employee is USD 71,114 per year. The salaries range from USD 44,458 to USD 121,876 per year. The Airline Captain makes the most while the flight attendant makes the least in terms of salary.
- Flight Attendant: Their duties include getting passengers settled and keeping them comfortable during flights. The entry-level flight attendants typically earn a salary package of $40k with room for growth.
- Baggage Handler: Their duty is to handle the baggage of the crew as well as the passengers. They make an average of $9 to $10 hourly.
- Customer-service Representative: Their duties include fielding patron complaints and assisting the confused passengers. They make an average of $13 hourly.
How to Become a Flight Attendant at American Arilines?
- Job application Process: The applicants who want to be American Airlines flight attendants must submit a job application at first and complete the assessment provided.
- Video Interview: After the completion of the assessment, a link for a video interview is provided through the email which is the first formal interview for the job.
- In-person Interview: After the completion of the video interview, the applicant may be called for an in-person interview. This is the final criterion for being selected as a flight attendant.
- Orientation and Training: After the applicant is selected, the applicant is given six-week orientation and training before they begin their job. The orientation helps them understand their roles and the values of the company.
American Airlines Internships
The American Airlines Intern can also work for the company. The company opens the vacancies for interns in various positions such as:
- Financial Analyst Intern
- Hub Communication and Administration Intern
- Procurement and Supply Chain Intern
- Sales Intern
- Revenue Management Operations Research Analyst Intern
- Industrial Engineering Intern
- And many others
Hence, American Airlines Jobs is not a difficult one to get for the deserving candidates and the hard-working ones. If you still have queries regarding American Airlines Careers and Recruitment Process, feel free to ask us on comment section below.
Apply Also: Vistara Careers and Staff Hiring India