Summer Jobs in Canada for students 2020 [Government of Toronto, Ottawa, Ontario, Vancouver, Mississauga]: Welcome to Summer jobs and internships opportunities in Canada. If you are looking for Canadian summer jobs program then in this post you will get all information and job vacancies related to your interest and experience. Students and foreign immigrants who want a internship can apply for summer job vacancies.
Canada Summer Jobs program is an initiation of the Youth Employment and Skills Strategy by government of Canada. The main objective of this program is to provide flexible and holistic jobs and career services to support all young Canadians, college students and foreign immigrants to develop the skills and gain paid work experience to successfully transition in the labor market.
Read Also: How to Immigrate to Canada Easily?
Canada Summer Jobs 2020 Program for Youth, Internship and Students
Content of Job Posting
To achieve the objectives of Canada Summer Jobs program, the Government of Canada highly targeted to ensure that freshers job opportunities funded by the program take place in safe, equally distributed, and healthy work environments free from any kind of harassment and discrimination. To support Services Canada in recruiting, screening and assessing the eligibility and quality of each project, the Application Form collects information regarding health and safety practices of company, working environment policies, mentoring plans, supervision strategies, career development plan, skill enhancement plan and other details of the company and the proposed job offer.
To deliver the Summer jobs in Canada in 2020, Job Bank will plays the role of primary source for information for those who are seeking Canada summer jobs. It shows the availability of vacancies funded through the program. All Canada Summer Jobs-funded vacancies are automatically posted on Job Bank to help job searcher, and employers to fill those jobs. All students and immigrants will be actively encouraged to explore all available Canada Summer Jobs-funded positions on Job Bank while they are published as openings.
Read Also: Express Entry Program in Canada 2021
Canadian employers and summer job seekers will be asked once again to complete the questionnaire to provide Summer Jobs Service Canada with feedback on their Canada Summer Jobs experience. The questionnaire for the employer is mandatory and must be completed prior to submitting a payment claim. It is also mandatory for employers to provide the Summer Jobs participant questionnaire to all employees funded by Canada Summer Jobs, although completion of the job seekers questionnaire remains voluntary. Both questionnaires will be provided to funded employers during the notification phase.
How to Submit Application for Summer Jobs Canada
If you are interested to apply for Summer Jobs in Canada, there are several ways to complete your job application. Here is the proper way of submitting Canada Summer Jobs application:
- using an online fillable application
- using Grants and Contributions Online Services(GCOS)
- in person
- by mail
Please read thoroughly Section 5 – Apply for more information on each of these application methods.
Summer Jobs in Canada Application Deadlines
Please note that these dates are the key dates to apply for Summer jobs in Canada:
- Applications are due by February 28, 2020
- The earliest job starting date is May 11, 2020
- The latest job starting date is Monday, July 20, 2020
- The latest job ending date is Friday, August 28, 2020
- The updated date to submit a payment claim is 30 days next to the completion of the Canada Summer Jobs-funded work placement
Minimum Salaries and Wages for Summer Jobs in Canada
Here is the list of minimum wages provided in different province and location in Canada:
|Province or Territory||Minimum Hourly Wage*|
|Alberta||$15.00 (as of October 1, 2018). Note that Alberta has a separate minimum hourly wage for students under 18 ($13.00). Please consult the Province of Alberta for more details.|
|British Columbia||$13.85 (as of June 1, 2019) and $14.60 (as of June 1, 2020)|
|Manitoba||$11.65 (as of October 1, 2019)|
|New Brunswick||$11.50 (as of April 1, 2019)|
|Newfoundland and Labrador||$11.40 (as of April 1, 2019)|
|Northwest Territories||$13.46 (as of April 1, 2018)|
|Nova Scotia||$11.55 for experienced employees, and $11.05 for inexperienced employees (as of April 1, 2019). Please consult the Province of Nova Scotia for more details.|
|Nunavut||$13.00 (as of April 1, 2016)|
|Ontario||$14.00 (as of January 1, 2018)|
|Prince Edward Island||$12.25 (as of April 1, 2019)|
|Quebec||$13.10 (as of May 1, 2020)|
|Saskatchewan||$11.32 (as of October 1, 2019)|
|Yukon||$12.71 (as of April 1, 2019)|
*Minimum hourly wage provided as of the time of publication of CSJ Application Guide.
Latest Summer Job Vacancies Opening in Canada 2020
Here is the latest list of vacancies offering Summer jobs in various locations in Canada:
Building Services Worker (Canada Summer Jobs) (Scarborough, Ontario, Canada)
Mission Statement: Understand the aspirations of seniors and respond with innovative supports.
Vision Statement: Building inclusive communities where all seniors are connected to living their best possible life.
Position: Building Services Worker (Canada Summer Jobs)
No of Weeks: 30 hours per week
Hours of Work: 14 weeks
Reports to: Senior Maintenance Technician
Date Posted: July 2020
Deadline: Aug 07, 2020
Responsible for providing administrative and maintenance support to the Maintenance team.
- Assists with maintenance and repairs of apartment building systems eg. Heating, Plumbing, Electricity, Air Handling and Control system
- Conducts take-down and related cleaning and maintenance after programs, services and activities
Areas of study – Mechanical Engineering Technology-Building Sciences, Building Systems Engineering Technician, Building Environment
- Experience in building maintenance or janitorial work an asset
- Technical and mechanical skills
- Good verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multicultural team
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be between 15 and 30 years of age at the start of the employment
- be a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment. Please note that International students are not eligible to apply.
- Have a Social Insurance Number at the start of employment and be entitled to work in Canada in accordance with provincial legislation and regulations.
- Vulnerable Sector screening required
Senior Persons Living Connected is a diverse work environment. We encourage applications from all persons, including persons with disabilities. Accommodation will be provided, if needed, in accordance with the Ontario Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians Disability Act.
How to Apply?
Please submit your application by visiting the website at www.splc.ca/careers
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those applicants selected for interview will be contacted.
Business Development Officer: Summer Jobs in Canada
- Location: Burnaby, British Colombia, Canada
- Salary: $$33.75 HOUR hourly for 30 to 40 hours per week
- Terms of employment: Permanent and Full time
- Vacancies: 1 position
- Languages: English
- Education: Bachelor’s degree
- Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years
- Provide job training and support; Enforce policies and procedures;
- Conduct comparative research on marketing strategies for industrial and commercial products;
- Conduct social or economic surveys on local, regional, or international areas to assess development of potential and future trends;
- Review and evaluate commercial or industrial development proposals;
- Conduct analytical marketing studies;
- Design market research questionnaires;
- Develop marketing strategies;
- Conduct online marketing, E-commerce and Website promotions;
- Develop portfolio of marketing materials
Business Equipment and Computer Applications
- MS Excel;
- MS PowerPoint;
- MS Windows;
- MS Word;
- MS Office;
- MS Outlook
Accountant Specific Skills
- Analyze financial documents and reports
- Provide clients with information
Area of Specialization
- Marketing strategy development
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
- Fast-paced environment; Attention to detail
- Initiative; Accurate; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Excellent written communication; Organized
How to Apply?
Anyone who can legally work in Canada can apply for this job. If you are not currently authorized to work in Canada, the employer will not consider your job application.
Send your job application with CV and cover letter by mail: [email protected]