JBS Australia is a part of the JBS Global group of companies which employs over 230,000 team members across 300 production facilities and sales offices throughout South, North America, Europe, Russia, Asia and the Middle East. In Australia, JBS is the largest food manufacturer and most respected meat packer, market and exporter, supplying the finest grain fed and pasture fed meats to export and domestic customers for more than 20 years. We have an extensive presence along the eastern seaboard, with operations including 13 meat processing plants and 4 feedlots. We are currently looking for experienced Meat Workers / Labourers or people looking to start a career in the meat industry to be based at our Brooklyn Plant located 15 minutes west of the Melbourne CBD.
Meat Processing Workers Job Description and Details
- Location: Brooklyn, VIC, Australia
- Salary: Award
- Work Type: Part time position
- Tenancy: Permanent position
- Hours: 25
- Vacancy Positions: 100
Meat Processing Workers Job Responsibilities
The successful candidate will be responsible for:
- Ability to work within a team environment.
- Good communication skills on all levels is essential.
- Attention to detail
- General labouring
- Packing and boxing products
- Adherence and commitment to perform scheduled working hours.
- Comply with the Safety and Quality assurance procedures and requirements
- Cutting, boning, slicing and trimming as required
- Maintain and clean working area and personal protective equipment
- Adhere to set OH&S rules and regulations
The successful candidate will possess the following:
- Your own transport (public transport is not available)
- Full Australian working rights
- Experience with manual handling
- Labour intensive role experience
- Capable of repetitive heavy lifting
- Punctual and reliable
- Ability to work in hot or cold environments
- Understand and comply with Workplace Health and Safety standard
- Demonstrated interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of the team and individually
- Ability to follow JBS Australia Policies and Procedures
- Ability to pass a drug and alcohol test
- Strong work ethic
- Ability to communicate and work seamlessly with internal stakeholders
- Great career development opportunities that only a global organisation can offer
- Competitive package
- Staff meat discounts up to 50% on choice cuts
- Training and mentoring by some of the best in the business
Well trained, motivated employees are the key to our success. JBS understands that employment is a partnership. We are committed to offering a positive work environment, continuous learning and appropriately rewarding the people who make our company a success.