Located in beautiful Northern Tasmania, just 30 minutes north of Launceston, Hillwood Farmgate provides direct -from-the-farm produce from our own berry farm as well as selected producers from the local area. Unlike most pick-you-own operations our primary business is still farming, producing the commercial berries you see on supermarket shelves around Australia. Our philosophy is to open up some of the farm to the public so you can get hands on and select your very own produce to enjoy when you get home.
Hillwood Berries Pty Ltd are looking for pickers to work on their Farm situated 25.5km north of Launceston along the Tamar River from November 2017 to end May 2018. Hillwood Berries produces Strawberries, Raspberries, Blackberries and Blueberries and is a Tasmanian owned and managed berry farm.
No. of Vacancies: 200 Worker
How to Pick Your Own
- Start at the Hillwood Farmgate Cafe
- Collect a punnet (that’s what we put berries into) from the counter and pay for your entry into the farm
- Collect as many strawberries that fit your punnet with the lid on. If you want to pick berries other than strawberries, collect another punnet from the cafe for those.
- We appreciate you keeping it fair. Part of the experience of berry picking is to have a berry straight off the vine, but please don’t eat multiple berries or fill other containers otherwise you will forfeit anything you’ve collected.
- Your filled punnet is yours to keep and when you are finished, come back to the cafe for a treat and a browse around our farm fresh produce.
Role and Responsibility
• Duties to be performed under the piecework agreement of the Level 1 Horticultural Award 2010 are to pick and pack berries to the quality standards stipulated by the management of Meander Valley Berries. Your wage will be calculated through the quantities of trays that you completed that is finished which satisfy quality specifications.
Essential Skills and Qualifications
• No essential skills are required although previous fruit picking is preferable.
• All workers must have a Tax File number and a valid Visa to work in Australia
• We welcome all fruit pickers and prefer that you work with us for a minimum of three months
In return, you will receive:
• Remuneration in line with Level 1 Horticultural Award 2010
• A fun filled working environment and a place to stay in our Accommodation if required (subject to availability and agreements)
If you are interested, kindly complete the Application Form found on the Link below and our HR Manager will contact you with an Induction date.